Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The Little Black Dress!!! McCall 6069

Every girl should have that simple black dress for that very special occasion, and being that I needed a new one, I figured sewing one up was better than going out and finding one. You know the saying, if you're looking for it most likely you won't find what you're looking for. It's only when you're not looking for it do you see it. As Sunday was my birthday, and I had a wedding to do, I figured I could kill two birds with one dress and McCall 6069 was the ticket. With the weather being in the late 80s early 90s, it was perfect. The fabric I used was leftover from this jumpsuit that I designed last year. Once cut out, this dress came together pretty quickly. I don't know if it only took me an hour, but I do know it was less than 2. I would definitely make it again but probably in a patterned fabric. I forgot my camera, so my iphone had to work some overtime. The full review can be found here on PR.

21 comments:

meli88a said...

I love it! Just the thing for a birthday celebration. Hope you went out and rocked that dress.

Tanya said...

Seductive.

Faye Lewis said...

Alright now! Your LBD is looking good on you!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wow! You look awesome in your LBD! Work it girl!

Sheila said...

AWESOME... AWESOME... LBD... looove it... you are definitely showing some leggs there.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I was just checking this pattern out today, thinking how cute it was. Nice to know that it's so simple. I have a jersey knit from the Vera Wang $1.99 sale that would work well for it... You're giving me ideas!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Adelaide B said...

Cute Cute Cute!

Karin van D. said...

Very cute. I love the drapey neck, flattering!

Eugenia said...

A sizzling dress - you look fabulous is this gorgeous LBD!

Robin said...

The dress is great!!! I never saw the jumpsuit before either - that is really nice too. You look good in strapless tops.

Opal said...

Love your version of this dress. It really looks good on you.

Susan said...

Sexy sexy!

dd said...

I love the dress!! and that Jumpsuit!!! Good job they both look really nice on you.

Lisette M said...

Looks fantastic on you! And happy birthday!

Barbara said...

Happy birthay! And many more fantastic dresses! :-)

Angela said...

What an awesome dress! I really need to go buy this pattern!

Robin said...

Andrea, the dress looks great!

Michelle said...

Fantastic dress!!!!

Lisette M said...

I answered you over on my blog comments so I figure I post it here just in case

Hi Andrea,
I first had Fabric Savvy and I was perfectly happy with it. When More Fabric Savvy came out I bought it and gave the other book to my mom. I honestly don't recall the differences, both books look the same but I guess there is a little bit more info in the revision it is just not obvious. I think you would do fine with either one.

Joyce in NC said...

This dress looks fabulous on you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin