Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Sunday Sweater



The Sunday Sweater by PetiteKnit came up in my Ravelry feed in December and it was love at first site.  I knew I just had to make it.  My yarn stash  is abundant (and lets not talk about my fabric stash) so I knew that I wanted to work from it to make this sweater.




This pattern calls for a worsted weight yarn which is knit on size 8 and 10 needles.  The yarn I chose to make this sweater is Lion Brand Scarfie.  It is a worsted weight yarn.   I had 2 skeins in my possession and only had to buy one extra skein to complete this sweater.




This is the year for stash busting  and I intend to try and stick to it except for Sew Camp or anything to do with spinning.  I'm even cutting back on pattern purchases as I need to focus more on pattern drafting.

Anyway, one of the things I love most about this sweater is the detail on the upper part of this sweater


 and the fullness of the sleeves




In all the years that I have been knitting, I don't recall ever knitting a worsted weight sweater.  I know that sounds weird coming from me, but it's true.  I've mostly know either dk and aran weight sweaters.  I am still trying to figure out how that happened, because I've learned that I love knitting worsted weight sweaters while making this one, because, let me tell you, they knit up fast, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!



This sweater is worked top down and the great thing about that is that you can try this sweater on as you knit it to check for fit and length.  I liked that a lot.  Being a tall girl, I always have to make my sweaters longer in the body.  I added an additional 2 inches I think in the length from what the pattern required. 


The other change I made in working up this pattern was in the amount of stitches I picked up at the armhole area.  If I had worked the pattern up using the amount of stitches the pattern stated  to pick up, I would have had a couple of holes that I would have had to sewn up, I have learned that in following the pattern I'm working on, it's okay to pick up a couple more stitches to avoid any holes and still work the pattern accordingly and in finishing up to knit the sleeve(s), I don't add any additional stitches than what the pattern originally required for the sleeves.  After all the increase rows were made, I then knit a total of 16 rows before doing the decrease row for the the wrist shaping. 

After all these years I am still working on making more garments in color.  A friend told me a long time ago, that I should put more color in my life because I had the complexion to pull it off.  I still like to wear black, but I can say that I have ventured out.


If you are interested in a new knitting project and want a fairly quick knit with a little detail and stylish flair, try this Sunday Sweater out. 

 

4 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

*PERFECTION*
You're such an excellent knitter!!

Andrea said...

Thank you.

Unknown said...

Sometime Men wear suppliers also using Lion Brand Scarfie threads because of it softness and warmness. Its very comfortable to wear.

sewingkm said...

What a beautiful sweater! Lovely color and perfect fit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin