Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nepal Vest and other Updates!!

Okay, so it's Wednesday and I'm trying to figure out where half the week has gone, but I'm not complaining. Two more days to the weekend, which will probably be as crazy as my week is right now.


To catch you up to speed, I sang Saturday night at a wedding, and my band played at the reception. The venue was gorgeous, and of course we did an awesome job!!

Sunday I taught the 1st day of a 3 week sock class. I think it went really well. They have their homework so I'm looking forward to see how they made out this week. So far I've only gotten one call. I make my socks on two 16 inch circular needles.She was having trouble figuring out what needle to use, so I told her to mark the needles, that way she'd know what needles she just finished working with. I hope the information helped.



Monday was my mother's birthday. All I can tell you is that she's a trip. She didn't feel like getting dressed so I ordered, per her request of course dinner from Olive Garden and brought it to her along with her gift. We had a nice evening and watched the 2 Mr. Kissels. I left in the middle of the movie, but from what I saw, it was something else. I was still wired when I got home so I started putting together the Nepal Vest. I finished it last night and wore it to work today. I didn't tassel it, like in the pattern. Do you think I should?


Yesterday I wore my favorite skirt to work. It's #28, the A-line Skirt from Vogue Knitting Fall 2003. This pattern was my very first advance knitting pattern. The yarn is mohair and let me tell you, it scratches me like crazy, but I'll do anything to wear it. That means tights, workout leggings and a slip. It's worth it. I always get major compliments, and yesterday was not exception.

On Monday I casted on for Mr D's Socks. I have about 2-3 inches done of one sock. It's cute. I like the striping of the two different shades of blue with the black. I hope he likes them. I also started the mate to the sock for the sock class. I have 5 1/2 inches done. I'm knitting it along with the class so that they can see what they have to do as I go along. I like it because I get a pair of socks out of the deal.

The Bobble Tam is coming along. I guess I would have to say that about half way done. I'm almost on the 5th repeat of the pattern.

Burnish Tunic looks really good. I like the different shades of brown in it. I haven't worked on it in a few days but plan to tonight at knitting group. Hopefully I'll have a picture of it by the weekend.

I purchased Wall-e last night, so Mr. D and I plan to start watching it tonight when he gets home.

Miss Lisa and I are going to see Twilight on Friday night at the movies. We had to order the tickets ahead of time. They're selling out all over town due to the book's popularity. I for one can't wait to see it. Are any of you going to see the movie?

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm going at midnight tonight and can not wait!!!

Sheila said...

The Nepal vest looks great and the black makes it pop. The skirt looks nice also, is there some lace work at the bottom of the skirt.

Have fun at the Movies tomorrow.

Susan said...

The skirt is very nice! I'm excited to see Twilight, too.

Andrea said...

The skirt has a ribbing in it, and yes there is lace work at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing Twilight - hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

I've really been enjoying reading all about you in your blog, and thinking of how I'm gonna spoil you!

Have a marvelous Thanksgiving and I'll be harassing you again soon. :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin