Monday, February 23, 2009

So, How was your weekend?

I hope you all had a great weekend. Saturday I hung out on fabric row or what we call in Philadelphia, 4th Street. While doing so I got a chance to hang out with my knitting gal pals Lisa and Robin. We had a blast. Robin had asked me to sew her a few drawstring sacks to hold her larger knitting projects in, so we went there to pick out fabric. I made 7 of them last night.

So far I have 2 done for her. I made another 2 that I'll be gifting, and I have 3 leftover. I still need to make a few more for her and for myself.

I didn't get any spinning done this past weekend like I'd hoped. I'll try to tackle that by the weekend. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but my next sewing project is New Look 6828. I'm making the dress with long sleeves.


I have the pieces cut out. I still have to iron them, check the length on the dress and pick out my fabric. I now also have all the material I want to use for the Burda vest/waistcoat 01-2009-124.



I figure I'll try it in muslin first as this is my first Burda. If it turns out alright, I'll definitely be making more designs from these magazines.

In knitting news, I'm still working on my socks and I'm slowly moving along on butterfly, my newest pattern. I had to back out 6 rows today because I forgot a yarnover, but I'm moving along now. That's pretty much it right now. I'm cold and I need a cup of hot chocolate or maybe some hot tea. Mmmmmmmmm...

6 comments:

Mariss said...

Great idea for the bags. I'll have to whip one up for myself soon, with some of my fabric stash :)

The new vest looks very cute. I can't wait to see what you make. Glad you had a fun time with the gals!! Hope to see you tomorrow. xo

Sheila said...

The bags came out great and the fabric print is too cute. Looking forward to NL6828 and the Burda vest.

Robin said...

The bags look FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much! The batik bags look really good. But, I must say, I'm liking me some cows too! You rock! ;-)

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hope you haven't been too inconvenienced by the snow! Just wanted to let you know I sent your package off today...I hope you like it. I have one more small package to send you in a couple of weeks....

Yer secret pal

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I nominated you for an award. Check out my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin