Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Are We Too Busy?

Knitting while on the train this morning on my way to work, I got the usual stares with smiles of course. A woman stated very frankly to me that she could never knit/crochet because she didn't have the time, nor the patients. What she said really bothered me.

Are our lives that busy that we can't do things for ourselves? I hope not. I think we just need to rethink our priorities. No matter how busy I am, and I am really busy, I always find time to fit knitting or one of my other hobbies in. I'm still trying to fit the reading thing in though. It doesn't mix well with the knitting. I'm thinking of trying audio tapes/cds.

Someone once said to me that they could not give up television. I haven't given it up, but I definitely don't watch it as much. Alot of it's reruns anyway and I have to admit, I've gotten alot done since then. Let me know your thoughts on this one.

Andrea

2 comments:

Nik said...

when people say that I always want to say "I KNOW that when people REALLY want to do something in life, that they will MAKE the time to do it." But I keep my mouth shut because, well, I often don't feel like fighting. Not on a regular basis :D

Nik said...

when people say that I always want to say "I KNOW that when people REALLY want to do something in life, that they will MAKE the time to do it." But I keep my mouth shut because, well, I often don't feel like fighting. Not on a regular basis :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin