Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fitted Knits Knitalong and New Projects

Ok, so now I'm obsessed with everything topdown. I'm getting ready to start reading Barbara Walker's Knitting From the Top Down. I also joined the Fitted Knits Knitalong, since I love Stefanie Japel's work. I picked as my project the Split-Neckline Cap-sleeved tee.

My first observations are that the knitting goes a lot faster, or it seems that way since I'm working in another direction. I casted on last Friday night. By Sunday I had this much done.

Then I had to rip back to here because I think I might have read the pattern wrong. Anyway,

I worked out the problem, which was pretty easy and now I have this much done.

This project also helped me to destash (because I really need to). I'm using Cascade Sierra, color#16, dyelot 3324 (that's the hot pink) and Skacel Meditation, color# 400, dyelot 067 (the multi). I'm not sure if Skacel makes Meditation still, it's been in my stash for at least a year now.

I'm hoping to do some sewing next weekend if I have time. I need a new handbag to carry all my stuff in including my knitting. I also want a new change purse. Maybe I'll knit and felt one by next weekend. I saw one on Lion Brand that was cute.

I finished my second washcloth. I think I'm going to make a whole bunch of them. I used it this morning and love it. The texture is very nice, and the washcloth is very absorbant. Much nicer than the ones you buy in the store.

Last week I bought this yarn


to make two of these for the summer. Let me know what you think. I know it's a nightie, but I think it will look good as a tank top.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am thinking there should be a KAL for that nightie...I love it and want it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin