Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lazy Sunday!!

So I know it's been a week. But it was a busy one. Thanks for the comment on which fabric I should use. I was kind of leaning toward the red fabric, so I've decided to make the dress in both fabrics. I bought lining, zippers, and interfacing yesterday. I plan on cutting everything out soon.

I was looking through one of my Victoria Secret Sale Catalogs and saw this crochet dress.

I thought to myself, I could make my own version mixing both crochet and knit. I went a bought a tank top from the Gap, pulled out this purple yarn from my stash and got busy. I started Wednesday night and this is what I have so far. What do you think? I plan on doing a post on how I did everything in case anyone want to make one. I'm thinking about lining the skirt portion with a tan fabric, accenting with tan satin ribbon and I'm going to go back to the Gap and get a tan tank top to go underneath the purple one.I swear I look awful in this picture. I've gained 10 pounds and need to get rid of them quick. It's disgusting.

Here's a peek at the blanket I made last weekend. I didn't get a chance to make the matching pillow so, I'm doing that some time today. I got the back of the vest I started last week done, and started on one of the front panels. I hope to have knitting progress pictures up by tomorrow.

I hate to post and run, but I'm meeting Lisa for afternoon brunch, sewing, and knitting. I made the Martha Stewart blueberry muffins again this morning to take with me.

Gotta go. I hope all of you are having a great weekend. As Adrienne says,

Toodles!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The tank/dress is brilliant! They say a woman gains weight after getting married...I seem to gain 10-15 every winter, then do a little Weight Watchers every spring to slim back down...

Sheila said...

I agree that the tank dress is a cool idea and would love to make one for my daughter.

Monique said...

That dress is gorgeous! Are you finished with yours? Would love to see your finished version.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin