Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Victoria

Here she is, thanks to Robin for taking the pictures tonight:
Yarn used: Debbie Bliss Cathay - 4 balls on #5 needles.
Supplies needed: 2 Gap tanks and a half slip

Victoria is a mixture of crochet and knit (more knit than crochet). I was going to sew a lining in, but my mother suggested that I just use a half slip underneath, and it worked out just fine as you can see. It also gives me the option of using other color tank tops and slips for different contrasts. I'm working on a pattern for this so please be patient.

I blocked my Minimalist Cardigan on Monday night when I got home and it was dry this morning so I was able to start putting it together today (I'm halfway done). Hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow, if not Friday. I plan to have pics up by the weekend.

In sewing news, I ironed(fabric & pattern) and cut out NL 6648. Here's the fabric I'm using. (it's so nice to be able to download pictures again. heehee!!)

This post is short tonight, I'm in the middle of making muffins for a co-worker's birthday tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great week!! =)

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Blueberry muffins? (she asks with an anticipatory drool)

The dress looks super cute!!

Anonymous said...

That is CUTE! I like the idea of wearing a slip underneath, too, instead of a liner.

Robin said...

Again, I think the dress is great!

Andrea said...

I still wish I had my spanx with me

Susan said...

The dress is gorgeous! I think your fabric is a perfect choice for that pattern, too...of course after seeing the pattern, I had to go online shopping and buy it. At least I know who to bug if I have any problems. lol

Sheila said...

Victoria came out great and LOL @ wish I had my spanx with me.

Amanda said...

Oh, girl, I can't wait until you have the pattern up for that dress! I have a ton of those tanks and would love to turn one into a cute dress. Awesome job!

I love the blue brown fabric combo.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is way past gorgeous! I love it and my daughter wants to me add a similar crocheted border to a long top that she bought. I'm waiting patiently for the pattern. :)

Knit - R - Done said...

Lovely skirt. Mixing knit and crochet is so intersting. I wish there were more combined patterns.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin