Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures. That is due in part to me misplacing my camera. Well, I am picture less no more!! I am dancing around on the floor right now with a big cheesy grin on my face. Or at least I'm imagining this.

With this being day #3 of having camera in hand, and without further ado, here is what I've been working on.
First up is Cobblestone for my wonderful husband, Mr. D. This is a very easy and mindless sweater to work up. It reminds me of a topdown when looking at it. I love how the sleeves are constructed in the round and then added to the yoke. When I first read the instructions for the yoke I got a little confused. That was due in part to me being a visual person. I threw caution to the wind and savored my ah hah moment when everything started to click. Another reason I like this sweater is because I'm working from my stash.
The yarn I am using is Cestari Seaspray(a silk blend 67% Cotton, 25% Wool and 8% Silk) from Chester Farms on #7 needles. I almost freaked out when I saw that I would need another skein of yarn. We purchased it at Maryland Sheep and Wool about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago. I went on Chester Farms website and luckily enough, they still carried it so I order 3 more skeins. For sizing I've been checking the sweater against one of Mr. D's sweatshirts, as this is a Christmas present. I also asked him to stay off my blog. He likes surprises, so I shouldn't have any problem there.


Project #2 is Selbu Modern.

I love this hat, and yes I should be done by now, but I've been concentrating on other things/projects which I'll talk about later. For this hat I'm using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. This yarn has a bounce to it which I like. I'll let you know for sure though after I block it. I'm hoping it doesn't pill. That is one thing I don't like about her regular Cashmerino yarn.


Project #3 is from the Vogue Holiday issue which just came out. Has anyone seen this issue? I love this. I want to make quite a few patterns from this issue. One of which is #12 the Loopy Cabled Cardi. I want to wear it for Valentines Day. The pattern I'm working on right now is #31, the Bobble Tam. It's a present for my boss for the holidays. I'm using Rowan Felted Tweed.



In sewing news I had my scissors sharpened at JoAnn Fabrics on Monday. they have the sign up every once and a while and I decided to try it. They do a pretty good job, and I was pleased. It's definitely cheaper than buying a new pair.

I'm still working on my VS project (Sorry no pictures yet). I got my jacket done except for hemming, and I plan to cut the pants out as soon as I lengthen the pattern pieces. I'm also thinking about making lounge pants for Mr. D again. The pair I made him last year are a little snug in the thigh area so I need to cut the new pair or pairs a little wider.

That's pretty much it for now. I'll leave you with this picture from my honeymoon. I promised Heidi I'd show this crochet shawl I made a while back. I thought it complimented my gown well for formal night.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

You have so many projects going on and that you are sailing right along. The sweater looks great and Mr. D is going to love it.

Can I say that Selbu hat is looking gorgeously pretty and to think its not completed yet.

Great pic and agree the crochet shawl compliments your gown well.

Mariss said...

Glad you found your camera ;) All of your projects look great. The Cobblestone Sweater looks so cozy. It makes me want to get married and make one for Mike. LOL. xo

Robin said...

Cobblestone looks great - this one is on my list for Jim too. Next year's Christmas present, as he's getting Big Thaw this year. That fair isle on the hat is gorgeous! Cute honeymoon pic! You are a cute couple!

Adrienne said...

You are busy!! I'm happy to be knitting a simple scarf lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin