Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update Wednesday!!

The house of Andrea has been a little quiet (yeah right). I can't wait till the weekend. Do you ever have one of those weeks where it seems like it will never end and you're just plain old tired? I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning. Anyway, I'm almost done the jacket portion of my VS knock off. I got a little side tracked week before last. I started to get this nasty sore throat which turned into a nasty sinus cold. Hence, sewing was at a dead end and Mucinex DM was my best friend. If you haven't tried it because of need, that's great. If there is a need for it in the future, stock up on it.

In knitting news, I finished the 17 inches I needed done on Cobblestone, and have since started working on the sleeves which are also almost done. I have this phobia of doing one sleeve at a time, so when I can, I always do my sleeves, and socks at the same time. Since Cobblestone is done in the round, sleeves included. I used this method that I learned a few years ago. I had taken a class on how to knit one sock in the round. After finishing the class, I was freaked out that I still had to make one more sock. I found Sheron's method, and never turned back. It makes things much easier, and I don't have to worry about whether both sleeves, or socks are the same length. Sorry I don't have any pictures right now, but I'm hoping to have some up by the weekend.

I know in my last post I said I'd wait till I finish what I have on the needles now, but I sometimes hang out in Rosie's during my lunch hour. Kate designed the lovely Selbu Modern. When I found out that she finally had the pattern up, I had to make it.

I'm making mine in pink and brown. The main color is pink.

I also started back on the Twilight Series. Thank you Robin. You are the best. CD's are my best friend now and I got the last one in the mail yesterday. That's it for now, I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hat IS gorgeous isn't it! The colours you chose for yours are fantastic!

Mariss said...

Hope you feel better, my dear. Mike has the same cold I think -- were you kissing him?! Just kidding! Ha ha.

Can't wait to see your Cobblestone or hat. I love pink and brown! xo

Susan said...

I saw that hat before and thought it was hot! Your color choices sound like my style, too.

Can't wait to see the sewing, too.

Sheila said...

That hat so Rocks... and the colors you've selected will be gorgeous. You are moving pretty quick on cobblestone and looking forward to its debute. Now you have me interested in the Twilight Series and going to google it now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin