Saturday, November 08, 2008

SP13 Questionaire

Wow!!!! 3 Posts in one week. I'm on a role.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm a natural kind of girl. Alpaca, Silk, Cashmere, Organic Wool (allergic to treated wools), Cotton, Bamboo. I pretty much will work with everything. Acrylic yarns are okay but I usually use them in blankets or items that I want to machine wash.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a case for my crochet hooks, but nothing for my circular needles, so right now they're in their original ziplocks in a draw.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 8 or 9 years now. I consider myself between intermediate and advanced because I haven't learned everything yet. I learned at a yarn shop in New Jersey.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes (Link)

5. What's your favorite scent? Citrus, Grapefruit, Anything that clean smelling. I'm not too much into the florals unless they are essential oils like lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? swedish fish, green spearmint leaves

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Card making, sewing, crochet. Yes I do spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Jazz, Classic House Music, R & B, Pop, Some Rock. Yes I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Baby Blue, Blook Red, Wine, Black. I like anything that looks good on me which seems to be warm colors right now.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am a newly wed. I got married almost 6 months ago. We have 2 dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all of that.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like knitting garments/clothes, pretty much anything that I can wear. Accessories follow a close second.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A pair of socks, a hat, a sweater, and I'm crocheting a blanket

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, Yes Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars I can see my projects better. Aluminum first, bamboo second

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I think I still have a sweater I started the second year I was knitting stashed away in one of my containers.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

I have 2 favorite holidays. My first has always been Christmas, but now I have to add Memorial Day because I got married Memorial Day weekend and my birthday is on the Traditional Memorial Day.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Crystal Animals. Knitting magazines and books

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. I subscribe to Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. I would love a pair of wooden cable needles.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Yes, anything I haven't learned yet. I haven't learned to spin cotton yet. I have the book Spin to Knit, but I'd like another book on spinning

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I wear a size 9 1/2.

23. When is your birthday?

May 30th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes, Andrea670

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin