So, I hope you all had a wonderful and uneventful but crafty weekend. It is so cold here. Let me tell you, layering right now is a must. Right now it's 31 degrees and it's suppose to go down to 23 tonight.
Last weekend I was browsing through JoAnn's and I came across this awesome crochet book Contemporary Crochet: 37 European Designs, by Sys Fredens. I had to have it. I don't think there is one design in this book that I don't like, and everything is pretty basic. On Monday, I started my first crochet sweater ever(I have done a tank top before), and finished it yesterday. I guess you can call it my rollover sweater. It's the Deep V-Neck Sweater With Collar. I love how this sweater turned out, and I love the colorway of this yarn. I also love that I got it done in a week. The yarn is Jo-Ann Sensations Rainbow Boucle. I purchased it on sale for a whopping $5.99 on sale last weekend. Now I just need to weave in the ends and find a cute matching tank top to wear with it. If you are new to crochet, this book is definitely a winner if you want to get your feet wet. Here are a few of the other designs.The Lovely and talented Ms. Faye awarded me To accept the award, I need to list 10 things about myself and then award it to 7 other bloggers.
1. I grew up an only child.
2. My parents divorced when I was 25 after 29 years of marriage.
3. Most people automatically think that I'm spoiled, but my parents always made sure that I worked for everything that I received. They also taught me that as long as I had money, I could purchase whatever I wanted.
4. I love doing outdoor activities like hiking/trail walking, biking, swimming, etc.
5. I have a dream of one day having a wardrobe of my own handmade creations.
6. I need to be more goal oriented. I start things, but I don't always finish them.
7. I would like to travel more.
8. I would love to read at least 50 books this year.
9. I would like to sew/knit/crochet mainly from my stash this year. I have entirely too much fabric, and yarn.
10. I'm outgoing, but a real home body at heart.
The 7 women I'm going to nominate are: