Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rock and Roll!!

I had a gig last night and during the week I thought a new outfit was in order.  The first thing I thought of was leather pants.  I must have been channeling the inner biker chick in me or something.  I also figure I can wear them when I go for a ride with Mr. D on his bike.  I had some faux leather that I purchased from Jomar a couple of years ago lying around, and I wanted something a little different than regular leather pants, so I decided to go with McCall 6440, View C, a Palmer Pletsch pattern.  I've made these pants a couple of times before (I know I haven't blogged about them), so them went together pretty fast and it was straight forward for me.


The front of the pant leg is plain but the back of the pant leg is actually two pieces.


For that I decided to do one side in the faux leather and the other side in double knit purchased at Metro Textiles a couple of years ago.



I thought the effect worked out pretty nicely.  It gives you that BAM!! effect when you turn around.  At the end of the night the guys I play with told me they wanted me to wear them again on our next club gig.  They are so funny.

The top I chose to wear with the pants was a Today's Fit pattern, Vogue 1291.

 
Cennetta had suggested I purchase this pattern during the summer when it came out and so it's been in my pattern stash ever since. The fabric I used for it was purchased from Fabric Warehouse last year.


My favorite feature of this blouse is the sleeve.  For a little bit of a change instead of doing a normal neckline where everything laid flat, I did a quarter of an inch stand up collar.  I thought it was kind of cool.  I also got a chance to use my new rolled hem foot.  If you don't have one, put it on your wish list for Christmas or your birthday.  It's a very nice tool to have and use on thinner type fabrics.  It gives your project a nice finished look.


If you have this pattern in your stash please make it up.  If you don't, add it to your list to purchase and make.  Overall the whole outfit was a win, win, and I got to do some stash busting which is always a plus.  Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Enjoy your week ahead.

8 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your pants are awesome - really rocker girl chic!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You look really "bad ass" in those slacks! Great job.

Sheila said...

Great outfit.

Cennetta said...

Girl, You are doin' the doggone thing! Love the outfit. It's better than your description. Way to go!

Myra said...

I have to agree, you look like you're really ready for business!!! Great job on this outfit!

meli88a said...

It's great to see you back online! Awesome outfit.

Erin Kate said...

You look great !

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Those pants are ROCKING OUT!!!! Wow, I love them. The inner double knit panel really adds to the whole look.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin