Monday, September 02, 2019

Fabric Challege - Vogue 9292

Happy September!!!!!  I am a little late to the party.  But hey, better late than never.  At Sew Camp this year we received 3 yards of this Soft Black/Warm Stone/Off-White Cinnamon Cotton/Lycra Double Border Floral Print Sateen Twill Milly print from Fabric Mart for a sewing challenge.

My biggest dilemma was picking out what I wanted to make.  Originally I was going to do a mash up of a Burda pattern with a  cool sleeve I saw on Instagram from twistedangel.sews.
In the end,  I decided to go with V9292 due to time, and well, I have wanted to sew this pattern up for quite some time.

If you don't have this pattern in your stash, please get it.
It is an easy pattern to sew and the design is timeless.  It reminds me of the dresses from the 1950s, and lets face it, those ladies had lots and lots of style.
This dress is not lined. But in making this version, I can easily make a lining with the dress pieces provided if I want to.  The pattern comes with neck and arm facings. 

It doesn't hurt that this pattern also has pockets,
and I am loving it. 
Had my car keys in here so I am not routing through my purse to find them.
Another feature of this dress is the sexy/proper factor.
Hey I can go out to an elegant function or dinner with my husband and show the cleavage Saturday night,

then turn around and be prim and proper on Sunday Morning. 
Hey there is no walk of shame here. 
I hemmed the dress by hand, would have liked to use some lace, but didn't have any handy and didn't feel like machine sewing. 

I had originally wanted to make the longer version, but did not have enough fabric, so, that just means I get to make another version of this dress when the right fabric peaks my interest. 
But until then, I'll just enjoy this one.   

4 comments:

Marjie said...

I really like that pattern! It turned out very pretty. I think the fade-to-black border works very well on the knee length version!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is a great dress. Love, love, love how you used the fabric!

Grandma said...

Good job! I saw on a search for McCalls 6168 cardigan pattern that you had purchased a made one. I cannot find this out of date pattern anywhere and wondering if you would consider selling yours or making a copy of size 24 for me? I am always five years behind in the patterns I want Thanks gelswood@aol.com

Fabrics_World_USA said...

these look great on you! I have this pattern but have not made it yet, you’ve inspired me to give it a try! Love from Fabrics World USA

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin