Monday, February 25, 2008

These Boots Were Made For Walking!!

And that is exactly what I was doing on Friday after I woke up to this. I want to thank everyone for all the encouragement on the designing. I'm not giving up, and will continue to keep submitting in the future.

In other news, I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor on Wednesday. He took me off of all my sinus meds and put me on an inhaler, and I have to use my neti pot (Thanks guys for telling me about it. My doctor's a big advocate of the neti). He also told me that I am suffering from strained vocal chords. I never rested my voice after getting that throat infection in December, so now I'm dealing with the aftermath. I have to go back and see him in 3 weeks. Until then, I have to keep the talking to a minimum. I had a singing gig Saturday night, which he aloud me to do, but it had to be the last one for a while. It's actually convenient, as I don't have another gig for a few weeks. I'm learning how to mime pretty well, and having fun with it.

Since I've gotten that bit of news out of the way, on to the good stuff. I've been busy making these. I saw them at JoAnn Fabrics and they only sold 2 in a pack and I needed 60 of them so lets just say I've been busy for the past 2 weeks.

I finished the last Half-Pi Shawl I need for the wedding. I started working on the shawl collar sweater again and got the sleeves done this weekend. I sewed the shoulder seams together and pinned in the sleeves yesterday. This is what it looks like so far. I only have to do the collar now. I can hear that Cece Peniston song Finally, in the distance now that I'm in the home stretch.

I also started a new project Friday night. It's the Minimalist Cardigan from the 2007 Fall Issue of Interweave Knits. The pattern is a moss stitch. I'm using Cestari from Chester Farms (From my stash yah!!!). The yarn is 75% Cotton, 25% Wool. (Yes, I know it's got wool in it. As long as it's a minimal amount, I can wear it.) I'm using #7 needles to knit this baby up. With Spring around the corner, I want something to wear to take the chill off.

In sewing news, I want to cut out the muslin for curtains for my mother's kitchen area. I also need to alter 2 dresses for my neighbor. It's not something that I'd usually do unless it was for myself but she's very nice and looks out for my mom when I'm away.

I was listening to one of my weekly WEBS podcasts a few weeks ago, and they had a woman on by the name of Christy. She's working on a project called The House That Yarn Built. She's asking for donations as little as the cost of a ball or hank of sock yarn. The money in turn will be put toward building a home for someone that is still homeless in the Lower 9th Ward of New Orleans. It's part of the Brad Pitt Project, Make It Right. Please check out the site if you're interested. I think it's a good cause.





2 comments:

Sheila said...

I vowed Thursday nite that if I woke up to more than an inch of snow I wasn't going nowhere...lol. The Shaw collar sweater looks really nice. Are you doing the minimal cardigan in seed stitch...?

Lisa said...

Love the stripes of the shawl collar sweater, its going to be lovely. I see you have really been chanelling all that pent up conversational energy is some really positive ways! Hope your voice is back to normal real soon.

Ciao bella!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin