Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Busy as a Beaver!!

I swear I feel like I've been running around like a chicken without my head on. Here are a couple of things that I've been working on.

Clutch purse for mom. I still need to insert the lining, but I like how it turned out so far. The body was crocheted instead of knitted, so it worked up pretty fast.
The sparkles are Swarovski Crystals. I used Cascade 220 with an H hook in half-double crochet. The pattern was one that I made up.

Here are the 6 ruffles for my handbag. I haven't cut out the materials yet for the body of the bag, but plan to in the next couple of weeks.The yarn is Misti Baby Alpaca double stranded. Let me tell you. These babies were a piece of work. They wanted to stay curled up all the time. I guess they were tired. I wet blocked them, and they still curled. In the end, I wet them again and spray starched them. I'm very happy with the outcome and can't wait to see the finished handbag. The pattern is also another one I'm making up as I go along.

I planned on showing you one of the two knitted wraps I made for my flower girls, but I'm saving that for the next post.

On other updates, I just put down again for a little while the shawl collared sweater for my mother. She did try it on, and it fits perfectly. I started sewing it up last week, but with everything else going on, I had to put it down.

I started the armhole shaping on the minimalist cardigan. I like this project because it's mindless. I was hoping to have it done to take with me on the honeymoon, but I'm not sure I'll have time. Crazy me just took on another knitting project for Knit Picks and my deadline to have it done and mailed back is April 25th.

The design I started, is looking fantastic. I can't wait to see it finished. I haven't worked on it in over a week, but hope to get back to it soon.

I started a crochet shawl for my godmother. So far it looks really good. I'm using Noro Taiyo. This yarn is gorgeous, and the color is vibrant. Gotta love Noro. They make me smile all the time. Hopefully I'll have pictures of this in my next post.

In other news, I started writing up my invitations. Let me tell you, it's a task. I designed, printed and assembled them over the past 2 weeks, and now I'm writing up the envelopes. I also started getting those crazy phone calls from you know the ones(friends and relatives) that you haven't heard from in ages, and I'm talking ages(at least 15 years)? Ex: "Hey, how are you. I heard you're getting married. If I can, I'll try to make it." The best one was the woman that invited herself and her estranged husband to my wedding.

Hello people, did I send you an invitation? The last time I checked you weren't on my list. Anyway, I feel better now that I've gotten that out. If I had to do this again, I'd ignore my mother and go and get married on some island like the fi and I wanted to do in the first place. Tuesday night, I worked on pew decorations for the church. They look so good. (The glue gun is my very best friend right now. Best invention ever made.) Anyway, I'm trying them out tonight or tomorrow night if I get a chance after Lenten services.

Well, enough of my babble, what are you guys up to.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

You are definitely busy. The clutch came out really nice and like the Swarovski Crystals. I'm so diggin the ruffles and haven't seen the completed project yet...lol. Congrats on the Knit Picks project. Just remember to get some rest.

Lisa said...

Busy, busy bee! I am trying to wait patiently to see the ruffles all finished up. Oh and I'll be coming to the wedding with my two exes and several second cousins...okay?

hehehe...xoxoxo

Amanda said...

I love both of the bags! The crystals are such a nice touch!

can't wait to see all your knits (especially the flower girl wraps, I bet they are darling.)

I can't believe you are doing everything yourself for your wedding...I am sure eloping is looking like a good option right now. Hang in there and it will be behind you before you know it!

Robin said...

I really like the clutch! I'm going to second the other commenter's sentiment regarding disbelief that you're doing everything yourself for your wedding. Wow! How impressive!

Anonymous said...

No pressure there, right? Hope your day is everything you want it to be.

Jada said...

Wow you are busy!!
I am loving all your projects!!

Mariss said...

Everything is looking great, and you're going to have a fabulous wedding. Maybe you can renew your vows on an island ceremony one day ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin