Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday. I know that I am. Yesterday was a quiet and productive day. Mr. D had to work yesterday morning so I made sure Cobblestone was in full view so he could wear it to work if he would like. To my delight, he did. Here's a picture I took of him after we ate dinner late night. The sleeves were too long so I wash it on Tuesday night. I was going to wash it by hand in the tub until Sheila gave me the trick of using a lingerie bag in the washing machine. Thanks girl!! I then threw it in the dryer and watched it until it was the size I wanted.

I also finished the shawl collar sweater for my mom. She also wanted to wear her sweater yesterday, so my camera was having a field day.

Since I've been behind in my sewing, I put myself on lock down this week and got busy. I finally finished the collar on McCall 5529. The pattern called for doing an invisible hem on the inside to tack the collar down. I decided to do my own thing and did stitch in the ditch instead. Here I am in my favorite jacket to date. I also wore it Christmas Eve at church. I must say it was a nicer outfit than this one, but I didn't have my camera with me, so this one will have to do. One of my co-workers was nice enough to take this picture for me.

Yesterday I made 3 pairs of pants for my mother, also a Christmas gift. Sorry I have no pictures, but she was thrilled. I have 3 more pairs to make for her so I'll be busy over the next few days.

Mr. D surprised me with these 3 books for Christmas. I was screaming with joy. The 1st book is Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama, the 2nd is A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker , and the 3rd is Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. It only got better when I got a lovely gift certificate for Webs. I'll be surfing over there this weekend. I have my I on a few things. He also gave me a jewelry box, which I needed badly. My favorite perfume, Cool Water, and my yearly present, pajamas. My mother gave me money to go towards a serger. If you guys have any ideas on what brand name serger to go with, please let me know.

I'm sitting here doing this post, trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my day. Having 4 days off is great, but I guess I'm not use to not having anything to do. JoAnn Fabrics has a sale starting today, but I really don't need to go over there. I got my eyebrows threaded about a month ago and I'm starting to see some growth so I might go get them done today. That will also give me some incentive to stop at Franklin Mills Mall while I'm there and maybe I'll pop into Fabric Warehouse. I really don't need to go there either. I need to pick up a few more storage containers. I have fabric that needs putting away. I also have some knitting to do, and I just might pull my spinning wheel out this weekend. So what are you guys doing this weekend?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy belated Christmas! It sounds like you had a great day. The Christmas sweaters are so nicely done. I was thinking of breaking out the spinning wheel this weekend as well, I just have to decide if I am going to dye the roving then spin, or spin then dye...

Sheila said...

The sweater looks great on your dh and glad that my technique worked. You did a fantastic job on you mom's sweater and the color looks good on her.

Glad that you were able to wear your jacket and it looks fab on you.

Well you know what I'll be doing digging myself of massive fabric...lol

Monique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique said...

Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas. Good for you. Mr. D. sounds like a wonderful man. Good for you again. ;)
The projects look great and you got them finished and ready to wear for the holiday. You go!

Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I sure hope the lacy crochet project turns out really cute. (fingers crossed) :)

Susan said...

Girl - you worked it out for the holidays. Great FOs all around. I really like how your Cobblestone came out!

marit said...

Finally some time to pop in and read blogs-LOL-we've been busy celebrating Xmas...we were 18 for dinner tonight at a party at our house,(crazy, but really, really nice.)
You've finished some really nice knits, and the jacket is awesome, you've done a great job on it.
Enjoy the holidays, and have a great New Years Eve.

Mariss said...

Wow! I am very impressed. Robert looks adorable in his new sweater. And your mom looks sexy in her sweater!!! So maybe she won't mind your legwarmer photo ;) Looks like you had a great Christmas. Miss you and can't wait to see you soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin