Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MOT #3

Yesterday at lunch in the food court no less I traced and cut out my MOT#3 BWOF 2-2009-108. It was kind of weird. I kept looking around to make sure no one was watching me. Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, and I was on a mission.

Last night I got home around 9 pm, cut the pattern out and sewed it up. I almost messed up the sleeve while serging but it was salvageable. I hemmed the neckline but decided to go with the rolled look so I didn't hem the bottom of the shirt or sleeves.


I love the feel and color of this t-shirt jersey fabric. I want to make more. If I have time tonight, I just might cut out another one. I wore this one to work today, and one of my co-workers thought the shirt came from the Gap. I'm still working on MOT#2. I practiced making button holes on Sunday, so I'm ready to go I just have to mark my blouse.

I have a question. For those of you that make button down shirts, do you use the template provided by the pattern or do you wing it?

7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I love your GAP knockoff! I just love simple tees - what is it with me? Tracing at lunch - you must be my sister too (lol. I have friends who thought I was crazy for taking my machines on a business trip. For button down shirts, blouses I rarely use the template, but rather measure for a distance between that makes me feel comfortable. I quite often use at least one more button than suggested by the pattern cause I don't like gaps at all.

marit said...

Nice top!

Usually when I make something with buttons, I use the top buttonhole as marked, but wing the rest of them. This is mainly because I have to add at least 10cm/4in to the length (I'm 6ft2, and all the patterns are so short!)I sometimes add an extra buttonhole.

Sheila said...

Ooo that blouse look so soft. I use a quilters ruler to aid in positioning my buttons.

Adrienne said...

Love that color!

I use the top one from the guide and then place the others myself.

Robin said...

And I hope you told your co-worker that you cut it out and sewed it up the day before! Man, you are one insane sewing machine. If only I could pump out knitting projects that quickly!

judy said...

Wow! The top came out nice! Love the color, too. Thank you for the birthday wishes, and you have a great Thanksgiving as well!

Eliana said...

Oh, you're so fast!!! I love your top, it's simple and stylish!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin