Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Latest Sewing Endeavor

Okay, so I must be on a Victoria Secret kick, because I found another outfit to obsess over.

Is this not cozy? Well, I thought that I could replicate this with no problem. A while back I remembered that Erica B had made a similar wrap, so of course I referenced her blog and got the pattern number for the wrap. It's View A.

Vogue 8138
I'm not crazy about the bottoms in the VS photo. I'm more of a wide pant leg gal and I had this pattern in my stash. The pants are View E.
McCalls 5398
I'm still not sure about the waist band part. I might do a regular elastic waist band. I found a navy blue knit that I think will work nicely for this. I cut out my pattern pieces last night and intend to cut and mark my fabric tonight. Depending on how much I get done, hopefully I might be able to start sewing tonight.

You see where I sometimes get my sewing/knitting inspiration comes from. Where do you guys get your inspiration from?

In knitting news, I worked on Cobblestone last night and I have 5.5 inches left before casting on for the sleeves. This sweater is moving along nicely, and should be done in more than enough time for the holidays. I think once I get this sweater done, and I finally finish the one for my mother, I'm going to cast on for a few smaller projects. Hats, and a few scarves.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I made those pants last year or the year before and that waistband is SO comfy!

Sheila said...

You are definetly moving along with Cobblestone, your needles should be smoking...lol.

Looking forward to your VS inspiration FO.

My inspiration comes from a variety of places, catalogues, blogs, snoop shopping and so on.

Lisa said...

Love the wrap...but you know me, miss-loves-to-be-swaddled :)

Susan said...

I'm digging both patterns. I think either waist band will work. You could try both and get a bit of a different style or make the wider one and fold it over.

Robin said...

I get my inspiration from catalogs often too - Victoria's Secret among them. Their actual clothes are of such bad quality in real life, but they always photograph well - perfect for "knocking off" in a higher quality version. I like the Anthropologie site too for inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that wrap, I come across them once in awhile on Ravelry but have yet to find one that doesn't seem like a risk. I love the look though, just love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin