Wednesday, December 03, 2008

SP13 Question #1

I'm a little late on this one. The first question for Secret Pal 13 is to write what I'm thankful for.

A little while back I had to do the Happiness Meme. One of my answers basically answers this question and I'll add a little more to it.

I am thankful for My husband and 2 dogs. They are my rock. My husband pushes me to do things and to always be outgoing. He listens when I need an ear, and gives me his shoulder when I need to lean on it. Byron(my older dog) has been around now for 16 years. He loves me unconditionally, and scolds me even when I don't need it. Jack(younger dog) just loves me.

I'm also thankful that I still have my mother and father around. No matter how much they nag me, I never get tired of hearing from them. I am thankful for my old friends and my new ones as well which include all of my knitting and crocheting buddies. You are always there supporting me every step of the way, and you push me even when I don't think I can do something.

Lastly, I am thankful for everything that I have, don't have, or I'm about to have. These are trying times that we live in, and there are so many people that are doing without, or who have lost love ones for very stupid and foolish reasons. It makes one feel very humble.

During this holiday season, I think we should all remember and keep in mind someone less fortunate than ourselves. I know I'm going too.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your list of thankfulness... especially "I am thankful for everything that I have, don't have, or I'm about to have."

We so often are so worried about what we do not have that it clouds all the good things in life. I too am happy for what I do not have.

Susan said...

I sat this one out, but at least I can watch what everyone else is doing for this SP-round.

Mariss said...

I liked reading this list (read it awhile ago but didn't write yet!) I think it's great that you can acknowledge the good parts of your life, and encourage others to do so as well. I totally agree with you! I'm happy to have my mom and dad, Mike, and plenty of friends, family and fake-family. xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin