I had a killer productive weekend. I'm still trying to figure out where the energy came from. I did just start taking flaxseed this past Thursday. I wonder if that's the reason. It's suppose to be very good for you, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. The product I'm using is Barlean's Essential Woman.
On Saturday, I finished the waistband and hemmed the pants I had started using the parts portion of Butterick 4604. I wore them to work today. I also made a pair of lounge/pajama pants using the same pattern. I just realized that my hearts are upside down. Wow, I really wasn't paying attention when I cut these out. Can you tell that I haven't worked with pattern fabric much? Oh well, thank goodness I'm only wearing these in the house. I lived in them last night watching the Super bowl. Did anyone else catch that game? The last few minutes were the best I think. During the game I cut out Butterick 5247 . I think everyone and their mother has made this pattern. Overall like everyone else has said, this is a very easy pattern, and I think it's a great staple for any wardrobe. I didn't even need to follow the pattern directions. I will be making this dress again, but in a solid color. I might even make a few tops and maybe the short sleeve dress version. The only problem I ran into was lining the fabric up, but that was my fault not the pattern. I think when I laid my material out it might have been a little of, but It wasn't anything that I couldn't tweak. I lengthen the pattern by 2 1/2 inches. When I belted the dress, it still only reached knee length and that's without a hem. Next time I think I'll add another inch to an inch and a half. I also noticed I might want to add a little length to the sleeves as well. To finish this dress off I might add bias tape to complete the hemming process including the sleeves. I'm hoping that will help. What do you think? If you guys have any better suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
I also took a leap this weekend and ordered fabric from Fabric.com. I've never ordered fabric online before as I like to see and touch what I'm buying, but for $2,74 a yard, I figured I'd give it a try.
Mr. D has asked me to make him a Hugh Hefner robe in Electric Blue. After a few laughs and me asking if he wanted me to throw in an ascot too, which he said yes to, I agreed. I'll be using Butterick 6837. The lining will be black Flannel. We are still picking out the fabric for the actual robe. I think he leaning toward a velvety tie-dye Electric Blue fabric we saw over the weekend.
The only knitting that got done this past weekend was about 3 rows on a sock I started for Mr. D. I'm hoping to have them done in time for his birthday later on this month. I hope he doesn't read this post.
On to my product review. In my quest (and yes I do that sometimes) to be a little more economical. I bought this cone holder back in December. Anyway, I put it together on Saturday and tried it out. Can I tell you, I love it. I'm using of course the 100% polyester thread cones. The cones hold 3,000 yards as opposed to the spools of thread we normally buy that only hold 250 yards. In doing the math, I'd have to buy 12 spools of thread to add up to 1 cone. So far I've been purchasing just my basic colors and I can find them anywhere from $1.99 to $2.50. I think that's a steal. I purchased my cone holder at JoAnn Fabrics with my coupon and only paid $6.00 . If you're interested in trying one and can't find them in your area, give me a shout out, I can probably get one for you.
I've blabbed enough for today. I want to go give my hair a deep conditioning and figure out my next project. Hopefully, I'll have knitting news later on in the week.