Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cool Packages and Awesome Awards!!

They say that big things come in small packages, and boy are they right!!! I received an awesome package filled with lovely goodies from my Secret Pal the other day. I think that she is the best. She sent me this lovely lavender sachet. By the way, how did you know that I liked lavender?

I also got a holder for my circular needles, which I was in desperate need of. Thank you so much.

She sent me this needles sizer. I have been eyeing one of these for a while. I have the regular Susan Bates one, but this is awesome. I can wear it as a necklace and start a new trend. You know these are the latest thing in jewelry, or for sizing my needles. I be using it for both.

I saved the best for last. No one has ever knit for me before. I was in awe looking at your work. Even Mr. D was impressed. First was this scarf made of %0% Alpaca and 50% Peruvian Wool.

Second was this 100% Cashmere beaded hooded cowl.

Secret Pal, you do BEAUTIFUL work. You are an amazing knitter. Thank you so so much. I will cherish everything, and wear it well. I can't wait to find out who you are.


I also want to thank Tanya of Sew Sassy for bestowing on me this lovely award.


I am suppose to nominate 7 other people for this award, so, here it goes.

Amanda
Robin
Lisa
Marissa
Jennifer
Robin
Susan
Stacey

Sheila, you know I'd nominate you, but you were already nominated and I'm not double dipping.


In other news, I'm still in sleeve-ville on burnish tunic, but things are moving along. I started socks for Mr. D at lunch today. I cut out a simple pair of knit pants to sew. I feel like I'm moving at a snail's pace. But I figure somewhere along the line I'll speed up at some point.

Note* This post was written on 1/27, but I was only able to upload the pictures this morning. Since I wrote this I sewed the knit pants together. I now only have to put the elastic in and hem them. I also cut out a pair of lounge pants using the same butterick pattern 4604.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

All your SP gifts are sweet. I love the necklace/needle gauge and the cashmere cowl.
Thanks for the nod!

Lisa said...

Thank you for the nom!

I am so jealous of all your sevret pal goodies...the cowl is drool worthy.

Mariss said...

What an awesome secret pal! That is the most above and beyond secret pal I've ever heard of!!!

Thanks for the award too, do I get a gold medal? ;) xoxo Back atcha baby!

Virtuous said...

Great SP package!!

And thank you so much for my Kreativ nomination!! :oD

Anonymous said...

I'm beyond delighted that you are enjoying your gifts!

Yer secret pal

Sheila said...

Congrats!

WoW your secret pal is definitely awesome and the knitted gifts are very pretty.

Susan said...

What an amazing SP13 gift. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to sit this round out. lol. What beautiful work is right. Thanks for the nomination!

Robin said...

Thanks for the nomination!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin