I read the directions on how to put this top together twice, but in the end, only used the technical drawing as a guide. I had also checked to see if anyone else had made it on pattern review. There were 2, and they didn't follow the directions either. This top is very basic and the pattern is great for a beginner.
I would have liked to try french seams on this, but since I had already cut my fabric, allowing only for a 3/4 seam allowance, that was not an option. There is always next time, and I know I will be making this top again. I made one slight change. The pattern called for 2 button holes in the front. Thanks to Dawn, I followed her lead. Instead of making 2 button holes I inserted 2 grommets with this lovely tool.
To make the casing on the inside of the blouse, I used Double fold bias tape. I unfolded the tape and ironed out the center crease. For the facing I cut from the leftover fabric. No fuss no muss.
Sorry about the pictures being a little dark. They were taken with my phone. I'll be posing for pictures later this week hopefully with a more full review for pattern review.
In other news, I also worked on the Butterick pattern 4810. I don't have any pictures yet. The pants are completely done and the top is almost finished. The zipper is basted in, but I'm not sure I like it. I'll be tweaking it tonight along with finishing up some hemming.