Monday, March 01, 2010

Getting Back to Nature

I have to admit that I got absolutely no sewing done this past weekend. On Saturday I did buy some Donna Karen fabric from Jomars. It's sad, I just can't seem to stick to my fabric diet. I went to the Norristown store to pick up one more button for my MIL's sweater that I was changing the buttons on. I couldn't resist. I got some blue fabric for a $1 a yard. I think it may be a shantung to work up a muslin of my Easter dress, by the way, for the dress portion of my outfit I'm going to go with Vogue 8491. Now, I'm having issues over fabric choices for my Easter outfit as I picked up this DK beauty for $2.00 a yard. The color in these 2 pictures is very off. The fabric is a mint green with chocolate brown. I also got this plaid fabric for $1.60 a yard for this jacket that I previously talked about. At Jomars they think it's either Nine West or DK. After that excursion I stopped at JoAnns and picked up a few patterns. I thought when I got home I could get some sewing done. I finished sewing the buttons on my MIL's sweater and then Mr. D kindly informed me that we were going on a winter hike as he needed to record some outdoor sounds for a project he was working on. We took a ride over to The Willows in Radnor and went for a walk in the woods. It was awesome trekking through the snow. I forgot my camera so I tried to capture a few of the scenes I saw with my iPhone.
I also got a picture of Mr. D wearing his new cable hat which I finished last week in time for his birthday.

On Sunday, we went skiing with friends at Spring Mountain. I've only been wearing berets of late and I needed a fitted hat to wear. What's a girl to do but crochet one up on the ride to the mountain. I used scraps leftover from recent projects. The next knitting project that I've been working on are bootie slippers for a friend. These pink ones belong to his wife. I think either her mother or grandmother made them and they are worn out on the bottom. Their anniversary is coming up and he wants to surprise her with a new pair. It's been great trying to recreate them as I don't have a pattern to work from. It's been a great learning experience. I'm working on the second one now and it's about halfway done. I hope she likes them.

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Love your Easter dress to be, and the jacket pattern - is it from Burda Magazine. Also love, love, love the nature scene.

Tanya said...

Don't beat yourself up for not sticking to your fabric diet, you found some wonderful bargins that were just too good to past up. Love the crochet hat and slippers I'm sure she's going to love them, what a thoughful gift.

Susan said...

Girl any diet is hard to keep up. That includes fabric! lol.

I'm glad you showed that Burda jacket image. I forgot that I really wanted to make it. Can't wait to see yours.

Anonymous said...

Your last minute projects crack me up. And they always turn out great!

Elaray said...

I'll always hate snow, but you made is sound almost palatable!

I was determined to go to JoMar after we talked about it at the PR Weekend Planning meeting. I went and I got some good buys!!!

Sheila said...

Glad you enjoyed your outing and you did a great job on the crochet hat.

You know how I feel about fabric diets... they don't exist...lol

Eugenia said...

You've got lots of great things going on there! I love that Vogue dress pattern and your fabric choice - it's going to be gorgeous.

Eliana said...

Such a beautiful view! I love these pics and your fabric is so adorable!
Great choice!!

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog :)

Michelle said...

Great pattern and fabric choices! I love that jacket pattern...that was actually the very first Burda that I ever made!!

Lori said...

That is one of my favorite patterns from BWOF, great jacket. You almost have to break your fabric diet with prices like that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin