Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's going on and some INSPIRATION!!

This past Saturday was the 1st day of Spring. It was just a few weeks ago that we sat and witnessed major snow storms and prayed for warmer weather. Well it's here, and so is the rain, but I for one am not complaining. I took advantage of the great weather yesterday and took a short bike ride with Mr. D. Saturday, I slept in really late and then ran my weekly errands and did laundry.It's been a slow go, but I finally got the dress for Vogue 8491 cut out. I still have to cut the jacket for Simplicity 4256 out. I also have the pattern pieces for Simplicity 2406 cut. I have to wash the fabric for it still, but hopefully I should have that done before the end of the week. I'm using one of the Silk Dupioni fabrics that I purchased from Jomars last week for $1.00 a yard. I also purchased denim from Jomars for the Jalie 2908 sew-a-long. I purchased the zipper over the weekend at JoAnns and ordered the rivets and button today from ebay. Can I also tell you that I think these will be the cheapest pair of jeans ever. I got the stretch denim for $3.20 a yard. Since it was so cheap, I purchased 2 different weights. I think one might be a 9 lb. and the other possibly a 12 pound.


On the knitting front I'm still working on some personal designs that have been a slow go, but I like what I'm seeing. I've only been working on them for about a year. There's no rush right?

Over the weekend I casted on for the Not-Just-For Chemo Reversible Cloche by Mary Keenan.

I finished the linen stitch for the brim and am now working on the hat portion.

It's tedious but I like it. I'm making it for another friend, who's wife just started chemo. While I'm on the subject of knitting for other people, I have to tell you that the red slippers were a hit, she loved them. My friend/band mate couldn't wait till his anniversary to give his wife the slippers from my last post. I heard that she is wearing them, and that I'm her favorite person right now.

Until next time, here's the belt I made last night, and wore to work today. I hope you like. I've also been looking at a little inspiration. I see some color, ruffles and embellishment in my future.


3 comments:

Sheila said...

You have a lot on your plate, but know you will get it done. Being such a hat fiend... the cloak is going to be so cool.

Ok...I looooooooooove the belt. now I am so inspired. You must do a tutorial on how you made the belt I have some faux leather that's waiting to be made into something.

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliana said...

Oh, you're very inspired! Keep going my friend ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin