Monday, July 26, 2010

McCall's 3830, OOP Style 2571 and New Look 6457

I had seen many reviews for McCall's 3830.
Everyone that has made it had said that it was a fairly easy skirt to put together and a must have for garment basics. Well I'm putting my 2 cents in on this one. If you need a basic pencil skirt, and you only have a yard of fabric sitting around, this is the pattern for you. I love this pattern and it is so quick and easy too. This is definitely a TNT in my book.

I made View C last Sunday with a jacquard print 100% cotton that I picked up from JoAnn Fabrics. Can I just tell you now that I love this fabric, and the texture is just lovely.



I wanted a top to go with the skirt so I looked through my stash of patterns and found (OOP) Style 2571. I've had this pattern since 1995 and I had never tried it.
The fabric I used is a bottomweight that I picked up from Joanns. It's 97% cotton and 3% Lycra. I don't think Style patterns are around anymore. If anyone knows please let me know what happened to them. At one point, I was thinking Style and New Look were the same company.

Now, this past weekend, I think it got up to 100 degrees here. I've been wanting to make a maxi dress for 2 summers now, but I still haven't gotten around to it. I've been wanting to make this strapless dress for even longer I think. Well, I finally did it on Saturday(I've only had the pattern for like 2 or 3 years now). Last minute Andrea struck it rich with New Look 6457.



I love this pattern and plan on making this dress again.

I picked up about 2 1/2 yards of fabric on Saturday during a lovely visit with the planning committee for PR Philly Weekend and Deepika. A great time was had by all and we were able to bear the heat well.

Here's a little taste of what's up next.
I joined Elizabeth's sew-a long for Butterick 5147. I'm calling it the ultimate sheath dress because Sheila has made it sooooooooooo many times.

Before I sign off for tonight, I have to give a major shout out and Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to one amazing woman. Rachelle a.k.a. Knit Machine Queen of Smoking Needles Fame. A couple of weeks ago I had a give away and never expected to get anything back in return. Well, last week I came home to find this lovely package on the mail. My mouth was on the floor and I was speechless. I've had many friends in my life, but I must say that the blogging community is one very special group of people that I am so honored to be a part of. I haven't met all of you in person yet, but I hope to in the future. Rachelle you are one of those lovely ladies I would like to meet in the very near future. Until then, I will continue to read your blog, email you and and leave crazy messages from time to time. You are one sexy, amazing, cool mama that keeps on ticking and roaring down the road on your 2-wheel demon with a vengeance. Don't ever let anything stop you.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Love your dresses. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Adelaide B said...

I'm so jealous. All of these things look great, and I can't wait to see the Butterick dress!

Mz. Choize said...

That skirt was cute, and @ only 1 yard, what a winner! Ha, I have that Style pattern too, thanx for reminding me how long I've had it,lol!

Sheila said...

Cute garments and perfect for these hot & hazy dog days of summer.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for the shout out and the nice comments. You are so welcome Andrea. I knew you would appreciate the machine knit socks. I had about three skeins of the sock yarn. I made myself a pair a few months ago. I love reading your blog and appreciate the comments you leave.

You are looking HOT in the black and white outfit. Can a woman ever have enough black and white??

connie said...

The outfits are lovely! Lucky you to get to spend more time with "the ladies" . Hope you had fun- Deepika and Karen said they had a blast!

Angela said...

Great outfit and dress!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Great projects! You are just whipping them out. Love the sweet floral on that strapless.

robin said...

Thanks for the tip on the pencil skirt, and I like that strapless dress on you! I got around to my strapless dress this year but not the maxi dress either...yet.

Faye Lewis said...

You picked the ideal fabric for your skirt. The fit is great, I love it.

Adrienne said...

Very cute! You've been busy!

Tanya said...

Love the black and white you look smoking and the strapless dress is very cute. I totally agree with your sentiment Rachael rocks.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That skirt and blouse combo is stunning! You are looking good! Now about that piece of fabric ~ geeze I must own every piece of fabric on the planet because I had some of it too. I made a 4 gore skirt with mine that got very little wear and was relegated to the giveaway pile a little while ago so it will be interesting to see how your dress turns out!

Judy said...

Wow, cute top!! I love that syle, it looks great on you!

Cennetta said...

Two great looking outfits. Like Carolyn stated the skirt/blouse combo is stunning. You look great.

Faye Lewis said...

Thank you Andrea.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin