She knew that I sewed and asked me if I could replicate it, and I told her I could give it a try. I did make her aware that this original version was a jumpsuit and she said that would not do. So I then suggested that I could replicate the outfit as two pieces and pull it together in the end so that it still looked like the picture.
To pull this look off I used four different patterns. For the bodice I used McCall 6793.
It gave the length on the bodice I was looking for without the extra piece of course, and the neckline was deep enough without showing too much cleavage. It reminded me of the jumpsuit, just without the zipper. I added sleeves to the top and flared them out so they looked like the ones in the picture.
For the pants I used the pants from McCall 5890 which is Nancy Zieman's coordinates collection. They are a loosing fitting pant but I took off quite a few inches to get a more fitted and tapered looked.
The third pattern used was Simplicity 3629 for the cape with modifications of course. She asked for a longer cape so it covered her bottom.
I used the collar from Simplicity 3685 to modify the original cape. I also tacked down the edges of the
collar to give it that Elvis look.
I self drafted the belt to pull everything together, it is covered the two pieces nicely where you can't tell that they're separate pieces.
Side view of the pant leg with the trim.
One happy customer. From what I heard, she got it wear it three different times. I'm so glad I got a chance work on this outfit. It make me think a little and get the creative juices. flowing.