1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love alpaca, silk, cotton, cashmere. Any yarns that are organic or natural. I’m allergic to wool, but since I started spinning I’ve been able to handle it a little better. I can handle organic wool that hasn’t been treated or superwash wool.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case that a family friend made for me for the holidays, and a plastic bread container.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for 7 years. I learned at my local LYS. My skill level is between intermediate and advanced, but there is always something new to learn, and I love the challenge.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Anything that smell clean/fresh or like citrus6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not really. I do like Swedish Fish, spearmint leaves and chocolate on occasion but I don’t crave them.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin (love it). I also sew, and make handmade cards. I just took a class on calligraphy the other day. I also just bought a kit from Sublime Stitching the other day to try my hand at embroidery.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love classic house music, disco, music from the 80s(because I grew up on it), smooth jazz, classic rock(Journey, Foreigner, Chicago, Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, etc…), R&B, Maroon 5, Corinne Bailey Rae, Brand New Heavies, Incognito. My computer can play mp3s.9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Sky Blue, Burnt Orange, Blood Red (the dark one), Army Green, Black, Chocolate
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am engaged. We are getting married in 2008. I have 2 dogs (14 almost 15 year old beagle and a 3 year old schnauzer/poodle) My fiance has a Lovebird, so I count him too.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all 4. =)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to knit everything. Right now I’m in a sweater mood though.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am starting to work on a couple of ideas for 2 new original designs I’m also working on the Shaped Lace Tee from Knitting Lingerie Style, and today I’m finishing up knitting the Saartje’s Bootees I started yesterday. They are so cute and a great project for leftover yarn.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends. I love circular needles. I prefer addi turbos or inox needles. I only like to use bamboo double pointed needles. I also like plastic needles for traveling.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both. The fiance (I call him the fi) gave them to me for my birthday this year.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t like to answer this question because I’m ashamed, but I have a sweater that I never finished and it’s about 6-7 years old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Buttons. I started my collection last year when I cut the bottons off of some old coats that I had to throw away.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Vogue Knitting. I’m thinking about getting one for Interweave Knits. I would like to try my hand at a Japanese pattern. I have a wish list on Amazon.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’m sure there are. I’ll have to think about that one.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am. I wear a size 9.5 shoe
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes I am. Andrea670