Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding Accessories and New Projects!!!

Every girl needs her accessories on her wedding day. Recently, one of my knitting buddies asked me to make her daughter's handbag for her upcoming wedding. Better late than ever me( the wedding is next weekend) started working on it last night. I'm hoping I can finish most of it up by tonight. Here is what I have so far.

The zipper is basted in.

I asked the lovely bride if she wanted a zippered pocket on the inside of the bag. She requested just a plain pocket. The shoulder straps were cut from her wedding gown. I plan on incorporating the beading on the straps into her handbag.


Note** 5/14/09 - These last 2 pictures were taken this morning at work. The bag is almost complete, so I figured I'd carry it with me for the mother of the bride to see. I worked hard last night and this morning before work getting this baby to look like this. I still have some tweaking to do with the straps, but I think I figured out what I'm going to do.


Now you would think with all this going on, I haven't gotten any knitting done. Well, here's Ishbel. She was my carry along project when I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I binded off last Thursday. I just have to weave in the ends and block. The yarn I used was from stash(Yeah!!). It's Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.

I've also started Coraline. The yarn I'm using is Acero by Brooks Farm. I purchased this yarn while at Maryland Sheep and Wool specifically for this sweater. I was itching to start knit with it. It's gorgeous and I love working with it. Are you catching my theme yet? Ysolda was in town a few weeks ago, and I got a chance to meet her. She's a very nice and talented person, and I love the construction of her designs.

As I mentioned a little earlier I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I had a blast. I went with these lovely ladies, Rachel, Regina, Marissa, Lisa, Sherry, Robin(thanks for the pic.), and Rhonda. I tried to be good, I really did. Here's the newest additions to my stash.

First up is Blue Mountain Fibers Sheep 2 Shoe roving kit. Also from Blue Mountain Fibers is Socks That Rock.

From Just Our Yarn, here's Almaza, and some beads. Roving from Spinners Hill. Yarn from Tilli Tomas. Acero from Brooks Farm. Calypso from Creatively Dyed Yarns. Mercerized cotton from Old Mill Yarn by the way. This is 2200 yards for $12.45. finally, Tofutsies sock yarn. Sorry this post is long, but I only had individual pictures of all the yarn. I'm trying to be more diligent on making sure my stash is up to date on Ravelry.

9 comments:

Sheila said...

The bag is gorgeous and I am sure the mother of the bride loves it. Gurrrrl! you were working you butt off last nite....lol

I am trying not to hate, but you have an awesome loot of yarn there.

I can't believe how fast you worked up that shawl.... love the color.

Susan said...

That bag is PERFECT! Great job.

Adrienne said...

Great stuff! I need to cast on for my tank! LOL

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That bag is gorgeous!

Judy said...

Love the bag, but the "Ishbel" is gorgeous! Love the color, and I can't wait to see it after it's blocked.

Mariss said...

Aww, the bag is very sweet. I'm sure the bride will treasure it :)

Nice stash. What a fun day. It's so fun to see all the pictures of the "damage" later!

Virtuous said...

What an honor to be asked in making the purse for the wedding!

Great projects you are working on and even better swag you brought back from MDSW!!

Omega said...

Cute bag! I j=enjoy your blog, wish I was a little more into the knitting. I guess I'll get there one day. I enjoy all your creations.

Also, I nominated you for the "Blogger Buddy" award, Enjoy!

Suffolk Window Shutters said...

Good readiing this post

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin