Over the weekend I got a little bit of sewing done. I have now completed all my tops for MOT. I originally said that I would make 4 tops, but I did complete a 5th one. These 2 patterns were not the original patterns I had picked out, but hey, we're entitled to change our minds right? First up is #4. I had a club gig over the weekend and literally decided to make a top to wear that night an hour before I had to get ready. I chose Butterick 5035 as the pattern said you could make it in an hour. They weren't lying. It took me an hour and a half but that included cutting the pattern out so I thought that was pretty good. I did View A. The fabric was actually from my very first purchase from Fabric.com about a year ago. I remember when I bought it, I wasn't crazy about it, but thought I'd hang on to it. You never know when you might find a use for it. I'm glad I did. I love the top.
Top #5 is from NL6922, View D. This baby I worked on last night, and it also came together pretty quickly. I didn't follow the pattern directions. I lengthened the sleeves as I didn't want 3/4 sleeves. I also attached the neckline flat. Faye, who got the idea from Karen did this for one of her tops during the sew-a-long and I decided to also try it. If you've never tried this technique before, give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
That's pretty much it for me today as I have a lot of work to go and do. Before I go, I would like to thank Faye and all the lovely ladies who participated in this sew-a-long. I now have 5 new blouses which have added to my wardrobe, and I feel motivated in the sewing department. Now, to get to that holiday sewing.