Thursday, April 15, 2010

SMOT #1 Update - Self Drafted Pattern

First off I want to thank all of you for the lovely comments you left me about my jacket. As soon as I wear the whole outfit which also includes the Vera Wang skirt, I'll get pictures. Rachel, to answer your question, I based and sewed the jacket and lining pieces during the week. On Saturday, I sewed in the sleeves and took care of all my fitting issues.

In my last blog post I said that I was going to try and replicate a top or top overlay that I saw on a woman I passed the over day walking down the street. Tuesday night I cut my drafted pieces out, and last night I got a chance to work on the top a little. I still have a little tweaking to do. The back neckline is drooping a little. I have it pinned in the picture so that I know what needs to be taken in. I figure I can take the shoulders out to a point and then re-sew it pulling the back neckline in. I also need to do some maneuvering on the sides where the front pieces overlap. They are drooping a little to and also need to be taken in. Other than that, I think it looks good so far. I'm hoping I can finish it up by or on the weekend. If anyone is interested, I can do a post on how I drafted the top.

6 comments:

Angela said...

I like how the top is coming out. Great job!

Eugenia said...

The top is looking great. I'd love to read a post about how you drafted it!

Sheila said...

Cute top.

Anonymous said...

So impressive! I like how the bottom two pieces come together.

marit said...

You're clever! I'd love to see a draft...

Myra said...

Very cute top Andrea! A blog on how you drafted would be great. What is the fabric you used? I love the color!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin